Bookmark and Share

Viewed 2170 times

WTBTS/JW Related Internet Radio Talk Show

PublishingCult posted Sun, 17 Apr 2011 21:13:00 GMT(4/17/2011)

Post 625 of 943
    Joined 3/17/2010

I have been thinking about this for a while now, and I have decided to launch a non-profit internet radio talk show centered around JW/WTBTS issues and related topics that may or may not be specific to the JW religion.

Long before I jumped in to the Six Screens controversy, I considered doing something like this, and I think I am now ready to begin.

The format will be non-sensationalist, informative, educational, rational, objective, and I want no recognition for myself, and as little attention as possible. The information and message will always come first. I simply want to provide as neutral a venue as possible for anyone (within reason of course) to come on and discuss their message.

I cannot predict the success or failure of this endeavor, but I at least want to give it a try. I would like my show to become an effective vehicle in reaching doubting and questioning JW’s, as well as share important information with those who don’t know that much about the organization of JW’s.

I will provide more information as I get closer to the launch date.

yourmomma posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 00:32:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 467 of 1039
    Joined 11/26/2007

sounds great, keep us posted

M poppers posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 00:38:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 4228 of 4812
    Joined 3/27/2004

Sound like a great idea - I wish you much success.

sabastious posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 00:43:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 4052 of 9407
    Joined 2/3/2010

I don't like the way you handled the Rick Fearon thing. Just because the dude's whacked doesn't mean he deserves to be publically ridiculed. If someone wants to follow him they are responsible for his lazy journalistic techniques, it should end there not on some smear youtube video.

Basically I think you are rough around the edges and need some sharpening, imo. That doesn't mean I don't believe you could do a wonderful job. You got the passion the talent and the brain.

-Sab

PublishingCult posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 00:54:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 629 of 943
    Joined 3/17/2010
    I don't like the way you handled the Rick Fearon thing. Just because the dude's whacked doesn't mean he deserves to be publically ridiculed. If someone wants to follow him they are responsible for his lazy journalistic techniques, it should end there not on some smear youtube video.

I appreciate your criticism. Although we are all xJW's here, it is kind of painfully obvious that we are not all on the same team. I have to be critical of Fearon, however. He is perpetrating a hoax on the "xJW community", he misrepresents most of us here, and it should be exposed, and I will try and keep my personal feelings out of it, but it simply isn't over.

Basically I think you are rough around the edges and need some sharpening, imo. That doesn't mean I don't believe you could do a wonderful job. You got the passion the talent and the brain.

Thank you. I intend to be at my best and most objective with this endeavor. Six Screens will not have any mention on my program as long as I can help it.

F lovelylil posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:02:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 3239 of 3608
    Joined 4/12/2006

PC,

Is this program going to be anti WT only or anti Christian? You know me by now, I have to ask this. LOL

edited to say; or is it not for bashing like the six screens but for informational purposes only?

whathehadas posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:12:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 74 of 288
    Joined 5/29/2009

Great PC!! Let's what you have stirring in your pot. I'm with Lovelylil on whether this will be a show primarily focused on the WT(doctrines, life, etc), anti christianity or roughly both. I know your working on the structure of the show so when you ready let us know. Maybe now you will have your contrast to the Six Screens tele-Conf.

PublishingCult posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:17:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 630 of 943
    Joined 3/17/2010
    PC, is this program going to be anti WT only or anti Christian? You know me by now, I have to ask this. LOL

Everyone here, I think, knows I am an atheist. The subject matter of any program I might do will be about the organization, and JW related information completely devoid of my personal beliefs or opinions about religion in general.

PublishingCult posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:24:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 631 of 943
    Joined 3/17/2010
    Great PC!! Let's what you have stirring in your pot. I'm with Lovelylil on whether this will be a show primarily focused on the WT(doctrines, life, etc), anti christianity or roughly both. I know your working on the structure of the show so when you ready let us know. Maybe now you will have your contrast to the Six Screens tele-Conf.

There are a great many topics and issues that are not specific to the JW religion and the WTBTS, and those will be discussed. No Christian bashing, no venom against religion in general. This venue is strictly ball room dancing.

Any program I undertake will not be meant to compete with Six Screens, or be an alternative. How does one set out to compete with poison, or offer some sort of an alternative to glass eating? When I first began considering this kind of thing, Rick and the six screens was barely a memory in my mind. Of course, there will be a contrast without any effort whatsoever.

whathehadas posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:25:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 76 of 288
    Joined 5/29/2009

Who would be your guests? if you have any in mind right now

PublishingCult posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:32:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 632 of 943
    Joined 3/17/2010
    Who would be your guests? if you have any in mind right now?

I do have at least two guests lined up for the first two broadcasts, one of which might be a surprise to some. Anyone who has a credible coherent story to tell that can be fact-checked and corroborated is welcome. I would not presume any one particular person should go slumming over to my lame internet radio JW talk show, but I have a crush on a couple OG xJW's, and they are more than welcome to talk about their work over at my crib.

whathehadas posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:48:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 77 of 288
    Joined 5/29/2009

Got a OG like the man Farkey

F lovelylil posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 01:58:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 3241 of 3608
    Joined 4/12/2006

PC,

Sounds good. I would be interested. I hope you don't mind the Q I asked. Not trying to offend anyone, I know you are an athiest. I will listen in to anything dealing with the WT, but not anti Christian for you well know that is what I am.

One thing I will say to you pc, you have proved to me this week that your word is true. I've told you things in confidence and you promised to keep it that way and you have. And I respect you as a person for that regardless of our differences in belief. Lil

Sharpie posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 02:09:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 66 of 109
    Joined 12/25/2009

Publishing cult, anything that I can do to help just send me a private message. If you need some content or me to write/make/draw or advertise anything I will.

Good luck!

PublishingCult posted Mon, 18 Apr 2011 02:12:00 GMT(4/18/2011)

Post 634 of 943
    Joined 3/17/2010
    PC, Sounds good. I would be interested. I hope you don't mind the Q I asked. Not trying to offend anyone, I know you are an athiest. I will listen in to anything dealing with the WT, but not anti Christian for you well know that is what I am.

Of course you do not offend, at least not me. I think it is important to set aside my own personal feelings about religion in order to openly discuss the concerns that others have about the WTBTS and the JW religion. We simply want to provide objective and accurate information to folks they can go research and see for themselves. I haven't an atheist agenda and I do not feel compelled to impose my beliefs where it would be inappropriate. I know I came on like a bull with my attack on Fearon and his disinformation, but it wasn't like anybody here didn't try to reason with him and give him a chance to walk it back before he went off with his lies and mischaracterization of Klinger's painting in order to express his bitter homophobia, no matter how couched it Jesus and the Bible it may have been. When a man ignores reason, when he doesn't care that he is about to offend and alienate innocent people from his Jesus, he gets called out for the hack he truly is. I am not here to win a popularity contest, and neither is it my aim to offend anyone.

I am sorry you learned about your friend the hard way. You did the right thing in standing up and questioning Johnny. You got smacked down publicly for it in front of all those you thought were your friends. The man will do whatever it takes to perpetuate his hoax, and he does not care about the cost or about truth.

One thing I will say to you pc, you have proved to me this week that your word is true. I've told you things in confidence and you promised to keep it that way and you have. And I respect you as a person for that regardless of our differences in belief. Lil

All I have is my word. Something good has come of this situation; we are now friends whereas we might have remained at the very least indifferrent to one another othewise. It's nice to know where you stand and who your true friends are even if the truth hurts.

Close

Confirm ...